Terms & Conditions
Terms & Condition for Residential Broadband Service
A summary of residential offerings is available on the Service Plans and Pricing page. Concord Light Broadband service is available to residents and businesses in the CMLP service area. Service is subject to availability, and there are some areas of Concord that are not served. Decisions by CMLP regarding Broadband availability are final.
The following are general Terms & Conditions of Use for Residential Broadband Service:
- Two year agreement required.
- An adult 18 years of age or older must be present during the installation of services.
- Price applies to base monthly rate only; excludes optional services and installation charges.
- The installation fee of $150 applies to a single installation of CMLP's broadband equipment, including electronics and fiber optic cabling. Additional costs will apply if you request CMLP to relocate this equipment.
- Customer will be responsible for the installation of necessary conduit if none is available.
- Beginning month 2, up to $230 early termination fee (w/ $10/mo. pro-rated reduction) applies.
- Hosting of commercial web and email servers on residential service is strictly prohibited.
- Payments 30 days past due will result in termination of service. A reconnection fee is $50 will be charged for any service disconnected due to non-payment.
- Pets must be restrained or otherwise kept away from the installer(s) until work is complete.
- Electronic equipment is and shall remain property of CMLP.
- Failure to allow for equipment removal upon termination of services, or damaged equipment, shall result in a $400 fee.
- Internet service and fees will be billed on a monthly basis as part of CMLP's billing cycle and included as a line item on the customer's electric bill.
- Customers that do not have an active service with CMLP will need to establish an account prior to installation of internet Services. All CMLP requirements for service must be met in order to establish an account.
I. Terms and Conditions of Use
A. Acceptance of Terms Through Use
B. Agreement to Rules of Conduct
You agree to abide by Concord Light Broadband's Rules of Online Conduct, including but not limited to, agreeing not to use this service for any unlawful purpose. The Rules of Online Conduct are set forth below.
C. Proprietary Rights and Grant of Limited License
Concord Light Broadband provides access to information, communications, software, photographs, video, graphics, music, sounds and other material and services located both on Concord Light Broadband's computer servers and other services on the internet ("Content."). Such Content may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, other intellectual property rights, and other proprietary rights ("Rights") of independent third parties. You agree that your use of such Content shall be governed by all applicable laws and regulations, and by the specific restrictions placed on such Content by the owners and/or licensors of the Rights in such Content. You agree not to post or transmit Content that is subject to another party's Rights, on or through the service offered by Concord Light Broadband, without that party's express written permission, when such permission is required by law or agreement.
You also agree that by posting or transmitting Content to any public area (such as public chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, webspace or software libraries) you are requesting Concord Light Broadband to make that material available to other internet users and you understand that such access will result in copies of your Content being transmitted to others. In order to permit Concord Light Broadband to publish your Content, you automatically grant, or represent and warrant that the owner of the rights in any such Content, has expressly authorized you to grant, Concord Light Broadband a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, publish, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or in part) worldwide to service subscriber's request. You further warrant and represent that use of your Content will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
D. Third Party Sites
This service may produce automated search results or otherwise link you to other sites on the internet. These sites may contain Content that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of Concord Light Broadband, and you acknowledge that Concord Light Broadband is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the site by Concord Light Broadband.
E. Content on Concord Light Broadband Servers
F. Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE (THE "ONLINE MATERIALS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT not LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. CONCORD LIGHT BROADBAND DOES not WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THIS SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO not PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY not APPLY TO YOU.
G. Limitation of Liability
UNDER no CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CONCORD LIGHT BROADBAND BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF CONCORD LIGHT BROADBAND HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO not ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, CONCORD LIGHT BROADBAND'S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Upon a request by Concord Light Broadband, you agree to defend, release, indemnify, and hold harmless Concord Light Broadband, and its commissioners, employees, and contractors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees, which arise from your use or misuse of this service. Concord Light Broadband reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In such an event, you will cooperate with Concord Light Broadband in asserting any available defenses.
I. Choice of Law and Forum
J. Entire Agreement
II. Rules of Online Conduct
A. Prohibited Activities
By using this service, you agree that you will not post, distribute or upload any Content, as defined above, that:
- Infringes on any copyright, patent, trademark, trade dress, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Abuses, degrades, harasses, intimidates, threatens or victimizes an individual, group of individuals or entity;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "Spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- Or impersonates any person or entity, including but not limited to any employee or official of Concord Light Broadband, or any information provider, guide, or internet host.
You agree that you will not solicit or collect personal or identifying information from or about any minor (anyone under the age of 18 years old) for any purpose.
Copyright © 2013 Concord Light Broadband. All Rights Reserved
Special thanks to the Braintree Electric Light Department