Concord Historical Commission 2018 Preservation Awards
The Concord Historical Commission (CHC) invites members of the community to nominate potential recipients for the 2018 CHC Preservation Awards. This program is aimed at honoring property owners, architects, contractors, local organizations, and individuals for their contributions in maintaining and enhancing the architectural, historical, and cultural heritage of the Town of Concord in the following categories:
- Sensitive Addition/Alteration: A project which successfully integrated an addition/alteration with the architectural style of a main house or building and complements the context and character of an historic district, neighborhood or specific area.
- Adaptive Reuse: A project that creatively achieved the reuse of an existing structure originally used for another purpose. The project must have undertaken substantial rehabilitation.
- Appropriate New Construction: A new house, building or structure that, through its design and use of building materials, enhances the quality of the built environment. The project must have a positive impact on its immediate surroundings, including historic district, neighborhood or specific area.
- Proper Rehabilitation/Restoration: A project that has closely followed the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties and its Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring and Reconstructing Buildings.
- Landscape Preservation: Recognizes the preservation, restoration or maintenance of landscapes, gardens, streetscapes, or grounds related to historic structures or sites.
- Life Achievement/Preservationist of the Year Award: Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a sustained commitment to the preservation movement for the benefit of the Town of Concord. Nominations for companies, institutions, and neighborhood associations that have made a significant contribution to preserving the historic character of the Town will also be considered.
Projects must have been completed between 2014 and 2017. Only exterior projects will be considered. Property owners may nominate their own projects. Awards will be presented in May, National Preservation Month. Please submit the completed nominations by February 28, 2018. Nomination forms can be found on the Town website under Historical Commission – Preservation Awards: http://www.concordnet.org/1144/Preservation-Awards